PRECISION GUNNERY SYSTEM 3 апреля 2015, 10:06
Unparalleled Precision, Fidelity
Cubic’s advanced Precision Gunnery System (PGS) is a superior, cost-effective system for both precision gunnery and force-on-force tactical training. The Cubic system provides crew training in all modes of operation, employing the full range of engagement doctrines in the harshest environments.
PGS is a high-fidelity simulation system that has the reliability to withstand rugged combat maneuver environments – and the precision necessary for gunnery training. It also is the only system that provides unrestricted “fire-and-forget” capabilities and simulates tactical engagements at extended ranges. The Cubic PGS simulates hit accuracies that are consistent with projectile dispersion characteristics, accurately replicating live fire results.
The training experience is supported by real-time feedback to trainees and extensive After Action Review (AAR) capabilities. AARs for gunnery and small-unit tactical training can be conducted on commercially available PCs or portable laptops. PGS is also designed to become an integral part of any Combat Training Center - Instrumentation System (CTC-IS) without having to incorporate additional costly components into the PGS vehicle system. PGS’ architecture allows for growth capability and adaptation to new weapons, munitions and countermeasures.
How It Works
PGS merges the principles of realistic simulation with features of MILES and the advanced Individual Weapon System 2 (IWS 2) to provide the highest training fidelity possible. PGS allows armored combat vehicle crews to conduct simulated engagements by firing eye-safe lasers at maneuvering targets. The system accurately replicates the hit point and maximum effective ranges of all potential ammunition including all 120mm of today’s Main Battle Tanks and smaller vehicle platforms with smaller bores such as the 25 and 30mm The simulated direct-fire events produce hit/miss “casualties,” including audio/visual effects from the engagements. Engagement
outcomes are relayed to combat vehicle crews in real time and recorded for AARs. PGS eliminates the need for operating the main gun in a special mode. Weapon elevation and lead are not restricted.
When used for gunnery qualifications, PGS can supplement the use of service
ammunition to lower costs. It is a multifunctional tool that can support a master gunnery course for advanced gunnery techniques. It also can be used to validate the training effectiveness of other simulators. PGS is fully compatible with other modern Tactical Engagement Simulation (TES) systems and Combat Training Centers (CTCs).
It offers the following advantages over older precision gunnery systems:
● PRECISION: Replicates maximum effective ranges of all potential ammunition while producing accurate hit/kill effects. PGS provides highly accurate replication of the ballistic characteristics and lethality of the weapons fired without having to constantly realign the weapon.
● FIDELITY: Realistically simulates tactical engagements in any environment. Troops cannot foil engagement outcomes by moving behind bushes or trees. Older two-way systems, on the other hand, must maintain optical line-of-sight between the shooter and target during fly-out. PGS increases realism, reduces opportunities for cheating and avoids reinforcing bad habits.
● TRAIN AS YOU FIGHT: Provides realistic “fire-and-forget” and shoot-on-themove capabilities for realistic training. The “attacker” can engage a second threat at any location immediately after firing, which allows crews to effectively train in a multi-threat environment. No other system has this unrestricted capability.
● FEEDBACK: Provides timely feedback during gunnery training – or immediately following training during AARs. Data can also be captured in real time via a RF data link or in a post-mission environment via a “blue tooth” interface to a PC.
MODULARITY: Modular design allows easy adaptation to future weapon
platforms. PGS includes common modules, a common system interface and
advanced functions. The streamlined design allows for growth capability. It
also reduces time to learn how to use PGS as well as associated logistics and
● RUGGED, RELIABLE AND SIMPLE: Features a rugged, reliable design
with significantly fewer modules than older systems. PGS improves system
reliability and safety while reducing life-cycle costs and installation time.